The Selection Committee shall consist of 7 to 17 members who shall be appointed or retained by the authority in charge and who shall have professional knowledge or experience in fields related to the infrastructure project. At least half of the Selection Committee members shall be outside experts and/or scholars.
The positions mentioned in the preceding paragraph are non-paying positions.
The candidates for the outside experts and/or scholars to be retained in accordance with the first paragraph may be selected from the competent authority's list of recommended candidates. The selected candidates shall be proposed to the head of the authority in charge or his/her deputy for approval. The candidates proposed or approved are not limited to the persons on the list of recommended candidates.
The competent authority shall publish the list of recommended candidates specified in the preceding paragraph on its website.
The outside experts and/or scholars to be retained in accordance with the third paragraph shall be retained by the authority in charge upon their consent.
In selecting a Selection Committee member, the authority in charge of the infrastructure project may not:
1. extend a personal favor or accept lobbying.
2. accept self-recommendation.
3. select a person who favors a specific supplier.
4. select a person who has no professional knowledge in fields related to the infrastructure project.
5. select a person whose integrity is questionable.
6. do any other things that are proscribed by the competent authority.